Show Dates: March 22 – April 5
Submission deadline: Saturday, March 17, 2018 11:59 PM
Bucktown Gallery is seeking artwork that explores the nude form. This exhibition will showcase a wide variety of figure interpretations.
The nude figure throughout history has been celebrated and censored. We believe this classic subject continues to inspire artists and viewers alike, and can incite conversation about identity, self-worth, compassion, fear, and the unpredictable. We are looking for works that explore the body in new or unexpected ways.
Local artists will be featured in Bucktown Gallery’s upcoming show, “Buck Naked.” Submitted artwork will, per the artists’ discretion, be available for purchase during the duration of the show. Certain artists may be invited to continue to display their works in future exhibitions or as part of Bucktown Gallery’s rotating standing collection. We are accepting 2D and 3D works, no size restrictions (painting, photography, printmaking, drawing, sculpture, ceramic, mixed media, etc.). Please no video art or installations.
All pieces must be exhibition-ready (Dry, complete, wired and ready for hanging, and with no protruding nails or other hazards. Works should be framed if applicable, or otherwise prepared for professional presentation).
How to Submit:
- Fill out this application
- You may submit up to 10 images – JPGs only
- For JPGs, please title the file name with “Image Number_Last Name_Title of work_Dimensions; ex: “01_Bierbower_Life in Crevice_8’x4’x8′.jpg”
- Show Dates: March 22-April 5
- Submission Deadline: Saturday, March 17, 2018
- Notifications: Artists will be notified by email
- Drop Off Dates: March 19-20, 1-4 PM
- Opening Reception: Thursday, March 22, 7-10 PM
- Closing Reception: Thursday, April 5, 7-10 PM
- Pick Up Dates: April 5 10-4 PM, April 7 12-5 PM, and by appointment
- *Dates are subject to change.
- *Artists are expected to attend opening and closing receptions.
- If you have any additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Bucktown Gallery?
Chicago artists at Bucktown Gallery receive benefits including competitive commissions, a first-rate space, and promotional support. The gallery employs a marketing plan that includes event listings, community outreach, social media and SEM, and digital gallery listings.
About Bucktown Gallery
Co-owners Matt Schnelle and Nick Antonopoulos opened Bucktown Gallery in 2016 to create a community destination for new and emerging local artists, to showcase their work, and connect with other creative minds. The space is conveniently located at 2207 Western Ave. (only a few blocks from the Western Avenue Blue Line Stop). Bucktown Gallery features 1000 feet of event space and equipment for photographers, videographers, and artists. The gallery hosts several featured artist events each month, along with special shows and events.. Events include comedy nights, artistic classes, yoga/fitness instruction, business seminars, and more.
Contact: (773) 270-4180 / email@example.com